Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg This forum is for Western and Greenville, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2014, 08:06 PM

sprint_st Curb Monkey
Default Re: Tires -To change or not to change, that is the question.

Thanks guys. I'm guessing at two, max three sets per year. Bike came with Battleaxe BT023 and have about 4300 miles on them and not even near the wear bars. On my 06 FJR the best I ever got was 5K. Stretch, I'm giving serious thought to the bead breaker tire tools method. I've made bead breakers before out of 2x4's attached to a wall that worked OK. Looked at a HF changer this week but not impressed with the build quality. Did the $700 route but it did pay for itself, but on the GS I sold I would get P.O'ed at the machine and throw the tire on ground when mounting the new tire because the tire tools worked better (depending on the tire).