Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts A forum for enthusiasts of vintage, classic, antique motorcycles and restoration projects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Bronze Member

bwalker Curb Monkey
Default Re: Looking for a vintage Triumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbrit
So my search and wait was friutful.
I found myself a 1973 Triumph Tiger last week on Craigs list here in Charlotte.

Saturday last week went and took a look at her, found her to be in good condition only 7,000 miles and all original!!

Started second kick engine runs sweet almost everything works.

I checked that the engine and frame VIN numbers mateched and we did the deal. I said I would get the cash and come around Monday to pick it up.
Monday came around and I hitched up the trailler to the truck and made the trip to Mint Hill to pick up my new baby.

After filling out the Bill of sale etc I remembered to check the VIN with the Title number, (I had forgoten to do this on the Saturday)
It was one number off!! instead of a 7 which was on the frame it was a 2 in the title. He had two of the old titles going back to 1988 and all were wrong. Even the State inspection had the wrong number.

So I made my way back home very dedjected without the bike.

Two days later the seller called me and said he had got it sorted and I could come and pick the bike up. So off I went again and this time all went to plan.

On a quick inspection today there are a few things to fix, front light switch has a wobbly contact the front light bulbs are blown, leaky fork seal, slight tear in the seat, couple of plastic lenses cracked, otherwise its in increadable condition for a 37 year old bike!!

Oh and it doesn't leak any oil!!!!

Here are a couple of picks

Looks sweet Chris!! Best of luck with it. Beware the right-side shifter when going into panick mode but you just may be on top of that already.
(704) 882-6106 Business
(980) 275-2150 After-Hours-Cell (5:00am until midnight)