Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Thumbs up dates released for AMA Vintage Cycle days

Guys,
Is it too early to begin plans for this event? I don't think so, I'll post part of a thread I gleaned from Speed,They are waiting a month but it ought to be cooler there.....I'm setting up a stash for this one....last year was great! Looking to next year...

BIKES: Dates Announced For 2011 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days At Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Thousands of vintage enthusiasts to gather on July 22-24
AMA Communications | Posted November 11, 2010 Pickerington, OH

At the 2010 Vintage Motorcycle Days.
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to announce the 2011 dates for the country's premier annual celebration of motorcycling heritage. AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days will take place next year on July 22-24, 2011, at the world-class Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

The 20th Annual AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days features classic motorcycles of all makes and styles, and honors the riders who made them famous. Activities include the AMA Racing Vintage Grand Championships, which feature road racing, motocross, hare scrambles, trials and dirt track; North America's largest motorcycle swap meet; bike shows and awards; a Marque of the Year display that showcases the history of a unique brand; a Grand Marshal; a new-product vendor midway; stunt shows; demo rides of current production bikes; and seminars on a number of topics by noted motorcycling experts.

"For many motorcyclists, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is the premier event of their riding seasons," said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. "As we've seen over the years, the appeal of this event goes beyond classic motorcycle collectors and strict vintage competitors. Motorcyclists of all eras are drawn to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, brought together by their common love of all things motorcycling."

Tickets will go on sale Monday Nov. 22 at 8:30 a.m., and begin at $20 per day or $35 for the weekend. Please visit www.midohio.com or call 800-MID-OHIO (643-6446) for more information or to order tickets.

"We are proud to be the host site of this excellent event for the 17th year," said Michelle Trueman Gajoch, president of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and The Mid-Ohio School. "It will be a phenomenal time for the motorcycle crowd as racing, the swap meet, seminars and more will capture their attention throughout the weekend. This year will be a special one as Mid-Ohio celebrates its 50th Season of Racing, giving fans another historic reason to attend AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days."
I can hardly wait
Rod

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850