Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders A forum for dirt bike and dual-sport riders to post ride locations and events, news, fun rides and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 PM
yama raida

STRETCH Curb Monkey
Default Why did it take me this long to think of this?

When I stop during a ride to lube ny chain or fix a flat (rear tire) I just slip a 13" tire iron under my skid plate near the foot pegs oppisite the side stand and rock it up on the side stand. (not an uncomon practice for bikes with no center stand)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to be very careful to keep the bike from rolling forward or back and sliding off my home made trail stand.

Here is my 10 cent solution.

I just found a thick O-ring of just the right size to loop around the grip and back through itself and then around the end of the brake lever. Look a motorcycle parking brake :P

I tested this while cleening my chain today and using my trail side prop method, and no matter how rough I was with the rear tire the front tire didn't budge. the O-ring holds enough pressure that I cannot roll the bike while it is installed.

I use a steel braided, well bled, brake line. This may not work as well with rubber brake lines.

I found about a 3.5" diamiter and as thick as possible O-ring worked best for me.best of all, it adds almost zero weight, and takes almost no space to cary.