Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Superior Member

rglee Curb Monkey
Default Re: TAT video Sunday, 18 Sept

ANSWERS IN CAPS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmotomike
hate i missed it...sounds like you had a great adventure. how did the bikes hold up? ONE GUY'S KLR650 DISENTEGRATED. BUT HE'D JUST BOUGHT A VERY USED BIKE 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE TAT. was the altitude screwing with the jetting alot? I BACKED OUT THE PROCYCLE EXTERNALLY ADJUSTABLE JET AS NEEDED (ONLY 2 ADJUSTMENTS) AND DROPPED THE NEEDLE ONE NOTCH. RAN GREAT FROM 5000 TO 13000 FEET. best things you saw? TOO MUCH TO DESCRIBE - SEE PICS AND VIDEO. most useful gear? EVERYTHING - ONLY TOOK NECESSARY GEAR, CAMERAS gear that sucked when it should not have?UNPREPARED KLR650 - NOTE TO KLR RIDERS - IT WASN'T THE BIKE - THE GUY JUST DIDN'T HAVE IT PREPPED PROPERLY.

questions questions questions....i have a plenty.

hey rick did the dr prove to be the correct choice or were you thinking panzer thoughts while you toiled away? THE DR IS PERFECT FOR ME BUT I'VE SPENT 3 YEARS SLOWLY GETTING IT STONE RELIABLE, VERY COMFORTABLE AND HANDLING WELL IN DIRT, TWISTIES AND INTERSTATES. TO EACH HIS OWN.

any thing you would change if prepping to go again? MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A WELL PREPPED BIKE AND TAKES PLENTY OF WATER, PROPER TOOLS AND SPARES. AND IDEALLY ALL SHOULD BE ABOUT THE SAME SKILL LEVEL RIDERS.

wish i could have seen the video . i bet it was neat.. i got busy table tennis tournament. son is quite a hitter.

did it prove better more satisfying than the eastern parts of the tat? MUCH MORE SO, BUT I'M HAPPY RIDING ANYTHING - EVEN DULL, STRAIGHT INTERSTATE.

take care

m3
'75 Z1
'72 Honda CB350 Vintage Racer (work inprogress)
'69 CB160
'66 CB450