|NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC This forum is for Charlotte, Greensboro and Central NC area members, events, meetings, and rides.|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
True "Dual Sport" ride this weekend - Lenoir/Richlands Loop
Looking to do a big-bike friendly dirt road/paved twisties ride this weekend (with some great single track/hill climb opportunities here and there if you wish!). Richlands is getting gnarlier; plenty of creek crossings and rutted out hills.
DATE: Going Sat or Sunday - whichever day works out best for most
WHO (so far): Brendan, Todd; Jason and David have expressed interest (David, I believe Sundays are still best for you?).
WHERE: Lenoir/Blowing Rock area
TIME: It's a lot of miles, so we'd need to leave Charlotte EARLY, whether riding or trailering. For now, meet in Collettsville at the ball park parking lot @ 9:30, and head out to the dirt no later than 10:00am.
I know I'm trying to kill the last of the knobs off my old rear tire, so I'll likely ride up.. Might even head up/camp Fri or Sat night at Brown Mtn (free tent sites, pit toilets).
1) Start around Brown Mtn./Brown Mtn Beach Rd.
2) N on Maple Sally (doesn't connect on Google Maps or my GPS)
3) E on Globe
4) N on Mulberry Creek
5) NE on Kirby Mtn
6) N on Waterfall (great falls stop for pics)
7) N on Richlands... This road also disappears on maps/GPS - very foreboding signage throughout, long abandoned and barely passable by jeep in many spots...
8) Eventually turns into "Penley Rd"... Still very remote and creepy
9) NW on Sampson
10) W on BRP to Blowing Rock (Lunch!)
11) W on 221 - will be a riot on DS bikes...
12) S on BRP (bypassing town of Linville Falls)
13) 181 S
14) Brown Mtn beach, Piedmont, through Morganton, etc...
Go n-éirí do thuras leat!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|