Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Default Re: parts is parts

Guys,
It finally quit raining, everything round here has a musky odor to it....and y shop even with heat on has been unusually cold. Today I decided was the day to at least get my bearings back in the wheel,or more correctly the flange set.
Brother Don please to pay attention I'll try to post up some photos I took during the job....I thought I'd need a press, and as it turns out I did not my trusty old lead hammer from the days of the sports cars and a brass dowel were more than a match for these errant parts.
Being mechanically inclined is either a blessing or a curse, sometimes I get in over my head but this time I was pleasantly suprised. I had cleared an area on my work bench and padded it to not trash the finish..... laid the flange set on a pair of dowels splines down and I began with a smaller hammer....don't do that all that banging and not getting anywhere is aggravating at best....you need at least a 3 lb hammer.there is a small spacer the two bearings ride open face to face. before install I had acquired a tub of water proof grease Bel-Ray.
Removing the bearings was straight foward an old socket became the driver
and a larger became the "press" tool for install of the new bearings. The parts were not that very expensive but I bet labor would go to near 4 hours as rear tire has to come off.....This part was not so difficult I still have to get the new rear tie on....and so far its tire 1 Rod 0 so til next time when you'll prolly hear the same or worst profanity out in the "Old Guys Garage"
as I try again to get that MEZ-6 on the bike....
Yours Truly
resident "Old Guy"
Rod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0001.JPG (121.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0003.JPG (85.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0005.JPG (48.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0007.JPG (37.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0008.JPG (41.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0010.JPG (58.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0011.JPG (70.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0013.JPG (67.9 KB, 0 views)

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850