Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member

madmotomike Curb Monkey
Default I'VE LOST IT!!! have you seen it?

LOST!

A WRITTEN VERSION OF M3 MENTAL DRIVEL.

TITLE: “FRESH VICTIM” M3 DEVELOPMENT/DE-EVOLUTION OF A HONDA CX500.

This document was last seen in the vicinity of “my computer”. I hit “send” and it was “gone”.

If found please return it to me. I worked on it for 1.5 hours last night to share with “you” or as some would say to “torture” you with assorted conclusions and observations about life , my self, changing values, and the perceived value /or not of the Honda cx500 across a time line spanning from “then” to “now”.

The piece was rich with how my perception and appreciation or understanding of “things” has changed from 1978 to 2010. in 1978 I was a sophomore in college and the cx500 did not even register on my youth driven testosterone addled young motorcycle obsession.

And today …how its virtues line up almost perfectly with who I have become and what I think I have learned.

How some apparent design compromises bestow upon it a set of hidden or unrealized characteristics that give it an edge in aggressive use..

The article detailed the brilliance of honda’s approach and how radical a design it was and is for a company of honda’s stature.

My piece detailed my personal observations and perceptions of the bike’s potential .

Including a tribute to george dillaway and his Honda cx500 race bike. how this bike was a “back up” in his way of thinking. Of how friends and competitiors learned that george had this bike along every weekend as to avoid being reduced to the role of”pectator” . being forced to be on the sidelines while others have fun was just to painful for geroge so he made “arrangements”. George being a good friend and generous would often “loan” his back up to others whose primary machines had failed. The story told of how george’s Honda cx500 raced 13 races one day with 3 different riders up! Just swap the numbers and go……..

My story detailed the bikes short comings. And it detailed my new old bike’s shortcomings. The modifications I have already done to the poor unwitting twin and the changes that are yet to come. Rod would call it criminal depreciation. Rick would call it the “product of a mind trapped in an endless loop of hypothesy and testing and retesting”----he calls it “drivel”

Keep your eye out for the article. My adversarial relationship and lack of underrstanding of this “one eyed wonder” (‘puter) have conspired to send quite a few of my “renderings” missing??

PICTURES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is too bad u missed it as I detailed my plan to get my friend mark to “pay my expenses” to Alaska! I told him that if he covered me ; I would make sure that when his bmw 1250 gs fell over on the denali highway ..i would help him “right “ the foundered beast. I also assured him that I would not let him lie under his beemer for too long.

Article also detailed how I could make his bike more fun. And how I could ease his anxiety about riding such a large expensive bike into a hostile environment along a rough route…

And I had the perfect solution too!!!

Any way keep an eye out and send it back to me if you happen upon it!!

And I will try to keep you guys in the loop about my new old bike..my 1978 honda cx500 adventure dual sport touring race bike.

M3