Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > Just Rides
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Just Rides Post your ride no matter where you are riding. Starbucks, lunch, dinner, the mountains, the coast or even a quick ride in the country.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I am, "The Stig"

Benson Curb Monkey
Default Re: So Hot, been riding at night around Union Co.

OK ok, today we got some rain, and it cooled off down here in Waxhaw so I wanted to get some seat time in and test out some new Air "Scoops" I made for the radiator on the CX.

My dogs Bolt and Black wanted in because it just started raining.
The radiator scoops work great!!

At low speeds the bike actually ran cooler!!! Just as I had hoped.

After the rain cleared up in the late afternoon I decided to take a little ride. I knew rain was to the West, so I was planning on heading to the East down to Cane Creek Lake and get some photos. My buddy Sam came over and he wanted to ride down with me on the back of the CX.
We started heading down there from Waxhaw, and saw some lightning ahead so decided to check out "McWhorter Graveyard" instead of the lake.

This is Moss on the walkway, not grass.

It's called the "McWhorter Graveyard", so no surprise that most of the people buried there are in fact McWhorters.
Most of these people were born in the 19th century.

And the highlight of the 19th century Graveyard has to be this "Women of the World" memorial that was put in place in 1914.
It has a tree motif and an embossed Calla Lilly flower and plant on the base that continues up into the main monument, very nice detail work back in the old days.

We knew the rain was coming so we cut our ride short, but got soaked on the way home. I was hoping the rain would stop at first, so I stopped under the awning of this Church on South Providence. It was pointless, and we rode home in the rain anyways.

Still fun, and the little bike has no problem hauling two LARGE(fat) assed people around.

Honda can be proud of this little bike.