Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg This forum is for Western and Greenville, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I am, "The Stig"

Benson Curb Monkey
Default Re: Looking for a new bike!

I've hated Honda since I was a kid in the early 70's and my 1st three off road vehicles(all three bought brand new) were Honda POS's and the Honda dealer was filled with the biggest assholes on the planet and their dirt bikes were junk.

I refused to ride the Honda's any more when I was 12yo(Parents were pissed after buying me three new), and finally I got a used and abused second hand Yamaha when I was 13yo and was amazed at the reliability and superior design, and the Yamaha dealer was filled with people who took this little kid, hungry to learn about bikes and how to ride, and they took me under their wing and made me into a motorcyclist.

All bikes are more reliable in the modern age, but Honda is still on an undeserved pedestal above other manufacturers, and they still treat people like shit when their crappy products fail. (I had a pressure washer with a Honda motor seize up the second time we tried to use it and got stiffed)

They have managed to make a few decent bikes over the years though, but they are still the most over rated company on the Planet, and mostly rookies still flock to Honda first.

I call the mindless Honda fanatics "Honda Homers", (we'll hear from them shortly), typically they have ULTRA RELIABLE bikes with low mileage. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyon2wheels
Yea. Its true, extremly unsatisfied, and all completely factual. The bike burned a quart of oil every 600 miles (I had to keep a quart of oil with me at all times to fill up half way through the ride). I argued with honda on a weekly basis for 6 months while my bike sat in the shop. I spent over 600 dollars in gas carrying it to different shops that promised me they could get the issue fixed, all being turned down by honda. The entire time my honda contact was a complete dick. Always had a attitude of me not really being worth his time. His words "You should feel lucky that we're even considering this service" "Its completely normal for a race bike of this magnitude to burn oil, Yamaha's, or Suzuki's cannot compare to the type of performance we have in this CBR"... Completle BS. So if you want more facts pm me your # and we will talk more.

Per, The very (un)satisfied Honda customer...