Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders A forum for dirt bike and dual-sport riders to post ride locations and events, news, fun rides and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Bronze Member

Dilliw Curb Monkey
Default Re: Carolina Adventure World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Nice

Ive been wanting to check the place out, wasnt sure how bike friendly it was (KLR-650)

Lots of places out there to ride your thumper without much trouble. We were going to head to Parson's but all of the OHVs were closed due to the rain. Carolina has about 10 miles of single track, dirt bike only that had some nice stuff in it. They say its single track but much most of it was pretty wide (just limited to bikes).

Carolina is clearly an ATV spot though. There's a power line with some good hills on it and a couple of water crossings to play in. Lots of ATV trails and room so traffic isn't a problem.

Those shots above came at the end of the day when we decided to putt around on what they call an MX track (more like ATV-X). They also have a more open "Enduro Cross" track that we played around.

Your big problem is going to be tires; you really need full on knobs out there. I'm running DOT knobbies and even with those my front end was an adventure.

My brother's Husky is a '78 I think. His friend Ed has the Gas-Gas and all three bikes are tagged. We blast around on the dirt/sand roads here in Lexington so street legal but mostly off road is the idea more than dual sport.

If anyone knows how to make that old chain saw start easier we are all ears! Seems to have a mind of its own; just when you give up it fires right off.

Carolina is just off I-77 @ exit 46.