Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Seagondollar Curb Monkey
Cool Raleigh EuroBike

I'm part of a group that is organizing the Raleigh Eurobike get together in Raleigh at Moore Square on 10 April, 2010. I don't see a way to link in a PDF or .doc file, so here's the text from the flyer, and I'll provide a copy to those that request one. I'm at Seagondollar<at>Mail<dot>com.

Quote:
Gas up your Guzzi, buff up the Beemer, drag out your Ducati, putt on down with your Piaggio, hustle over on your Husky, be seen on your Bimota.... You get it.

Nortons, Montesas, Cagivas, Urals, Mondials, Lambrettas, BSAs, Vincents, Bultacos, Heskeths, MV Agustas, Rotaxes, Horexs, Munchs, DKWs, Eglis, Vespas, Vyruses (Vyri?), whatever.

If it's European, has two wheels (or three given a sidecar) ride it on down. Generally this is a gathering and photo op of European motorcycles and Scooters.

So strap a folding chair, some wax and rags on the bike to shine while you swap tales and bench race. Plan to get there by 11 AM. Arrivals before that can gather for a breakfast over at Big Ed's Restaurant. Tir na nOg (Irish) is just across the street and a multitude of other eateries are nearby, within walking distance.

April 10, 2010
Moore Square
downtown, Raleigh, NC

Please observe all the local laws and avoid any squidly hoonage so we can do this again.
Rain date, should we need one, will be the 17th.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 AM

bode61 Curb Monkey
Default Re: Raleigh EuroBike

you forgot aprilia! I know they are owned by piaggio but we are a proud bunch.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM

Seagondollar Curb Monkey

Be proud and show up! I've posted a flyer at Biker's Boulevard & Matison's (they Aprilia?) Flyers available on request (email me, or copy them from:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Seagondo...93901713500194

http://picasaweb.google.com/Seagondo...93905960697698

(And I've been told I forgot Triumph, too! )
Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Seagondollar Curb Monkey

Now that Ray Price sells Triumph, I hope there will be some Turnip contingency there.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Limey Rider

cafetbird Curb Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagondollar
Now that Ray Price sells Triumph, I hope there will be some Turnip contingency there.

Doesn't require Ray Price to have Trumps, Trumpets are everywhere!

Would have been nice if you had made mention of us on the flyer though.

Do The Ton Triangle
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Seagondollar Curb Monkey

Jeez, forget turnips and I get heat from everywhere. SOOOrrrryyy. (j/k)

I missed a few other brands there, but I came up with the text for the fliers in a few quiet moments at work. The Ton-up group and another Triumph group has bought in and should be there. I've suggested to the Sales Manager at RP that they could show up over there, but don't have any commitment. Shouldn't be any shortage of the storied brand.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Limey Rider

cafetbird Curb Monkey

OK, so we need to make this sort of thing a more regular occurrence, not just a once a year kind of thing, anyway. Who agrees? I'd like to see it every month somewhere. Maybe at one of the locales downtown there near Moore Square even.

Do The Ton Triangle
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Thumbs up Re: Raleigh EuroBike

Scott,
Hows about a roving event? Seems like on another forum i scribe to was doing that...a GTG here then there to keep it interesting so that everybody gets to ride different areas....is a 65-70 mile dash for us down here in the Ville{don't think I ever liked the fayettenam moniker on my city.....} WE got plenty of good places to eat too....don't know if you'll get anywhere with that either but a thought.....
Rod

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Limey Rider

cafetbird Curb Monkey

Prob with a roving event is getting the word out to new people. If you have a steady time and place, the word gets around, and new folks are showing up all the time. I don't like "clicky gigs" with the same small group of folks all that much - prefer to see new folks with new bikes show up all time. There are folks that ride in to the Charlotte Euro Bike gig each month from as far away as Hickory, Lexington, Winston... so if you truely like to ride, it is not so bad, right? I work in north Cary, so it would take me a good 45 minutes to get to the south side also...

I think it needs to be bigger than just a forum - participation of the local BMW, Ducati and Triumph clubs in the Charlotte is what got that event really hopping.

Some kind of roving things on the weekend would be pretty cool! How about Saturday a.m. breakfast runs out to different locales?

Sorry you don't like the 'nam moniker - I grew up near the base, so always just accepted it. It was a pretty rough place when I was a kid...

Do The Ton Triangle
Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Limey Rider

cafetbird Curb Monkey

Prob with a roving event is getting the word out to new people. If you have a steady time and place, the word gets around, and new folks are showing up all the time. I don't like "clicky gigs" with the same small group of folks all that much - prefer to see new folks with new bikes show up all time. There are folks that ride in to the Charlotte gig from as far away as Hickory, Lexington, Winston... so if you truely like to ride, it is not so bad. I work in north Cary, so it would take me a good 45 minutes to get to the south side also...

Some kind of roving things on the weekend would be pretty cool! How about Saturday a.m. breakfast runs out to different locales?

Sorry you don't like the 'nam moniker - I grew up near the base, so always just accepted it. It was a pretty rough place when I was a kid...

Do The Ton Triangle