Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC This forum is for Charlotte, Greensboro and Central NC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM

fabiang Curb Monkey
Default Me neu ride

Finally sold the Tuono. Yes it took some time, first offered it up for sale in October. The frigid winter and 'story' didn't help. As soon as it started warming up the emails started coming in.

I'd been thinking about selling it for a while and what finally strengthened my resolve was the MoC Grand Opening Open House Triumph Demo Truck ride of a Street Triple. Loved it and knew the Tuono's days were numbered once I got back on it for the ride home.

It's not the the T is not an awesome bike, it is. I think its the best out of the litre class nakeds (Speed Trip, Super Duke, Tuono). I just needed to move down to something lighter and less torque-y.

I'd been following the Striple 'market' for a while, watching as bikes got snatched up much quicker than Tuono's did. Found a guy north of Orlando, FL who was selling one and had been emailing back and forth for a bit. Guy looking to get out of motorcycling, but had spent some coin on bits for his Striple in the interim.

He did; Ohlins Rear Shock, Speed Triple Fat Bar, Leo Vince Pipes, Bar End Mirrors, and the de rigeur Flyscreen/Visor/Cowl. What he didn't get to do yet was install a set of Dayton Forks and Calipers, but he included them with the bike.

Now I usually fly and ride for bike that are a few hours away, but a 9 hour slog up i95 was not appealing, and how would I carry home all the extra bits?
Ended up fitting a trailer hitch and lights to Wendy's Jetta TDi and rented the uhaul M/C trailer which I dragged down and up, since it's only available for in-town rentals. Drove down Friday and right back up Saturday.

Got it registered yesterday, rode it briefly Sunday, just 60 miles.

Man is it a fun bike. No regrets.

Bout the only thing I didn't like is how frickin loud the Leo Vince
pipes are. They scream I'M GOING FAST pull me over. As cool as they look, I'll prob switch to stock cans. Still haven't decided if I'll install the Daytona adjustable forks and radial mount calipers that were included. Doesn't feel like it needs it.

What I do have to sell is stuff I dont need like;

Shoei RF1000 Matte Black in Size Large, with clear and tinted visors
HJC White Flip Face helmet in Small
Pitbull Rear stand for spool and standard (rubber pads)
Tourmaster Intake White Mesh jacket in Large/44
SYED leather jacket, no armor

PM me if interested before I place on Classifieds.

Oh and some pictures

I blame any regrets on Cris, Kevin and Neale. Don't think there will be any.