Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > General Classifieds
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade forum for all active members having a minimum of 10 posts or 1 month of membership (whichever comes first). Your classified post will not be displayed until reviewed and approved by a forum moderator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Perma-Banned™

Cmwoody Curb Monkey
Default '95 Duc 900SS/SP *CHEAP*

Thought I'd post this here as it seems theres a few Duc guys on board here. I was out drinking in the garage a while ago escaping screaming kids and was thinking I need to clean the place out and toss out some stuff I've accumulated. I bought this bike from a buddy years ago with the intent of tearing it down and rebuilding it. Had a few miles on it, 30K but ran fine when I parked it. A few scratches, a little dent in the tank, a thoroughly dead battery, a good 1/4" of dust, and a box of spares. I took off the fairings to adjust the valves, they were needing tightening and it was time to replace the belts too. I checked out the coils and the ignition too as well as compression and leakdown, all good. Theres a spot on the left case that was tig'ed up where the kickstand took a hit once. Not a big deal as it didn't tear anything up. Stand is now shortened and relocated to the rear an inch using the frame to support it much stronger than stock. Opening her up and looking inside, thats about as far as I got. Rolled it into a corner to focus on building a few other bikes and never got around to finishing it up. Didn't feel too motivated to learn how to do the valves and pretty much put it on the perpetual back burner...where it remains. It'd make someone a nice track bike, project resto, rat rod, Duc beater commuter, cafe racer, whatever. It'd also be a fantastic 900ss with a little TLC.

I don't have any pics of it handy though can take a few on request. FWIW, it looks like every other red 900SS/SP. My *buddy* practically gave it to me back in '06 for $3500 What a deal that was then but these days its gotten to the point its worth much less in the marketplace and even less to me. I'd like to see $3000 for it but cash talks and I want it gone.